By accessing these web sites, www.als.net,
(the "Web Sites") you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible
for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of
these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing these sites. The materials
contained in the Web Sites are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
a. Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on the ALS Therapy
Development Institute ("ALS TDI") Web Sites for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of
title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on ALS TDI's Web Sites;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
b.This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by ALS TDI at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
3. Member conduct
You agree not to use the Web Sites to:
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted by ALS TDI through the Web Sites.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of our services.
- Harass or otherwise stalk another, and or collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in paragraphs a through m above.
THE MATERIALS ON ALS TDI'S WEB SITES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". ALS TDI MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND NEGATES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR OTHER VIOLATION OF RIGHTS. FURTHER, ALS TDI DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS CONCERNING THE ACCURACY, LIKELY RESULTS, OR RELIABILITY OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS ON ITS INTERNET WEB SITES OR OTHERWISE RELATING TO SUCH MATERIALS OR ON ANY SITES LINKED TO THESE WEB SITES.
In no event shall ALS TDI or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on ALS TDI's Web Sites, even if ALS TDI or a ALS TDI authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
6. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on ALS TDI's Web Sites could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. ALS TDI does not warrant that any of the materials on the Web Sites are accurate, complete, or current. ALS TDI may make changes to the materials contained on the Web Sites at any time without notice. ALS TDI does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
ALS TDI has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Web Sites and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by ALS TDI of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
9. Governing Law
Any claim relating to ALS TDI's Web Sites shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts without regard to its conflict of law provisions.